Call for Papers for the 18th International Requirements Engineering Conference
Sep.27 - Oct 1, 2010, Sydney, Australia
REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING IN A MULTI- FACETED WORLD
Software systems in today's multi-faceted world are as diverse as the people who use them. While some are built according to rigorous government regulations, others must be delivered quickly to meet time-to-market deadlines or must be responsive to changing business needs. From a requirements engineering perspective, there is certainly no 'one-size-fits-all' solution.
RE'10 will explore techniques and methods for eliciting, analyzing, specifying, and managing requirements across diverse development teams where stakeholders often come from entirely different cultural, linguistic, geographical, and educational backgrounds; and across a broad spectrum of software projects that encompass both formal and informal development techniques and represent both small and very large scale projects.
RE'10 invites high-quality submissions in the following areas:
- Technical solution papers - present solutions for requirements-related problems which are novel or significantly improve on an existing solution. A technical solution paper must include a preliminary validation of the proposed solution.
- Scientific evaluation papers evaluate existing problem situations or validate/refute proposed solutions with scientific means, i.e., by empirical studies, experiments, case studies, simulations, formal analyses, mathematical proofs, etc. Scientific reflection on problems and practices in industry also falls into this category.
- Visionary papers - 10 years into the new century, we invite visionary and contemplative papers that explore the history, successes, and challenges of various requirements -related practices and research agendas. These papers will be published in a separate section of the proceedings.
Topics include anything related to the elicitation, analysis, specification, or verification of requirements. For a full list of valid topics, please visit the RE'10 website.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
If you have never previously published at a major international conference, then you may be eligible for our mentoring program. Please check the RE'10 website for further details.
PRACTITIONER TRACK HIGHLIGHTS
RE'10 will include a rich program to meet the needs of practitioners. Some of the highlights include:
- Business analyst track - packed full of expert speakers, tool demos, and practitioner talks.
- Agile requirements - addressing ways to effectively discover and document customer needs in an agile environment.
- Tool demos - techniques for selecting a good requirements management tool to support your process. Overview of cutting edge tools.
- Expert tutorials by renowned speakers on a broad range of skill-building topics.
ENJOY AUSTRALIAN HOSPITALITY
The conference will be held at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), located in the heart of an economic, multicultural and creative global city with a range of hotel choices in the close vicinity. We have a great venue planned for RE'10 with social activities that include a dinner cruise on Sydney Harbor, and a reception at the famous opera house!
Paper Registration Due: Feb 12, 2010
Submission Deadline: Feb 19, 2010
Notification Due: Apr 29, 2010
Didar Zowghi, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia email@example.com
Jane Cleland-Huang, DePaul University, Chicago, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Chair: Liming Zhu, Australia
Tutorial Chairs: Jane Huffman Hayes, USA; Debbie Richards, Australia
Workshop Chairs: Joao Araujo, Portugal; Lemai Nguyen, Australia
Posters & Demos Chairs: Jocelyn Armarego, Australia; Nan Niu, USA; Lin Liu, China
PhD Symposium Chairs: Klaus Pohl, Germany; Paul Swatman, Australia
Industry Track Chairs: Chad Coulin, Australia; Walid Maalej, Germany
Industry Liaison: Joy Beatty, USA
Mentoring Program: Andrea Zisman, UK
Publications: Travis Breaux, USA
Publicity Chairs: David Callele, Canada; Zhi Jin, China; Maya Daneva, Netherlands; Norazlin Yusop, Australia
Students Volunteers Chair: Nurie Nurmuliani, Australia
Local Arrangments: Gemma Fox, Australia